Saturday, January 2, 2010

Musings from a First-Timer

About ten years after it was fashionable, I am entering the blog-iverse. Why now? Why not, I suppose. I want to be more serious about my writing in general, and perhaps a mini-audience (I'm pretty sure my dad will read this...) will keep me inspired, give me a testing ground, and be a reminder that I need to keep working.

What will I talk about? Everything, I imagine. I'll try to keep the dog stories to a minimum, and focus instead on literature and writing. Of course, I could post the dog stories in story-form, which would make them literary. I'm just sayin'.

Why would anyone care? Sometimes I am terribly funny. And, my dad likes me, so I'm pretty sure he'll care just because he's my dad...right, Dad?

And yes, the blog title is from Truman Capote's breakthrough book. Extra points if you got that.

We'll see how it goes. Suggestions welcome.

2 comments:

  1. You are most always terribly funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like I get the extra points! Keep up the good bloggin...I'll be reading!

    ReplyDelete